Tuesday, August 12, 2014

08-12-14 K-State CrossFit

Warmup:
Running on ramp- 2 laps jogging, high knees, butt-kicks, defensive slide both ways, high skip, grapevine both ways, sprint up and jog down.  Stretching and then going  through the lifts with PVC.

WOD:
Olympic style lifting- 1RM in 3 attempts
Snatch
Clean and jerk

Snatch:  55#, 65#, 70#
Clean and jerk: 70#, 80#, 90# (failed the jerk), 85#

Wonderful to be back at KSU. Even though we did the stupid ramp, it was good to have some coaching. I really need to work on getting under the snatch rather than getting it as high as I can and pressing it up. On the clean, I was leaning way far forward when I went to the heavier weights. I probably need to try setting up the video camera when I lift next time so I can see what I'm doing and try to fix it. I did better about getting my elbows around fast to avoid hitting my collarbones with the bar. Definitely something to keep in mind when I do cleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment